domingo, 4 de marzo de 2018

Greek Curse

I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye to my father when I killed him.
He didn’t get the chance to say goodbye when he killed me also.

I wonder why things had to be severed up so violently,
with just words on a screen,
not having the courage, the respect,
to say those things face to face,
not even on the phone.

I suppose the ending result would’ve been the same,
both killed lying on the floor.
Me killed by his indifference and his fear
and him
killed by my anger and my pain,
with no blood on our clothes.
Just two people deeply broken for having failed at what was granted
should work.

Does it matter if he cried for me
staring blankly into his hands
as if realizing he had committed
infanticide?
Does it matter I cried for him
staring blankly into my hands
feeling I had committed
parricide?

For Oedipus to become Elektra
only the part of killing was needed.
But memories can’t be killed
and that’s why I gouge my eyes on this day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario